I wanted to make a room for Tacoma that wasn't little anymore, but wanted to have a good feeling and message when you walked in. Tacoma is now in a Big boy bead and he Loves it!! Here are some of the fun things I did to his new room! I wish I had a house full of rooms that I could decorate all the time:)It's my stress relaxer
This chair was when I was little- I painted it black- bought the book at Seagull Book for $1.99 and I got the saying free from being in primary
Tacoma's room before was green and brown so I just repainted his name black and used scraps left over from his quilt to make his curtain- the curtain rod was $2
Lamp was $8 at walmart-(it was a display so it was 10% off)- table was a DI special for $5-painted it black and the temple block was extra from my DOTS camp
I found the darling Called to serve plaque at Deseret Book for $20- already had the hook-ties- chair and doll-(just added Tacoma's little jacket and tie to the little man and used Bob's missionary tag)
this was Bob's bed from when he was little- I found the headboard at Terry Tedder's(the antique junkie!) for $3 - I rummaged through my Dad's collection of license plates to match the room and mounted them on an old screen from a house we remodled- the frame is actually a mirror I found at Big Lot's in high school for $20 that was gold- painted it white and brushed on blue paint- pillows were at walmart for $10
Isn't this the cutest picture! He was saying "Superman!" when I took it- the cape was from when I was little- I loved it! and now i'm glad he does too!
Plaque from Deseret Book that I attached with some yarn I had laying around
An old Garage door-(Free!) painted black and I put some old knobs on that I had from some old houses we redid- I enlarged some fun pics of Tacoma at Costco for $3- So cheap!- Some Vinyl from Angie Watson
I made his quilt and pieced it together without a pattern (If you know me I usually don't use a pattern!) The ladies at the quilt store thought I was nuts to put all those colors together- then they really thought it was crazy when I told them I was just winging it and didn't have a pattern
Tacoma Especially likes the denim pockets to put his cars in! My cute little Stud sitting on his new Bed! Love you little stinker!! Hope you like your Room!!





18 comments:
So cute Shi!
Shiloh you are so talented! Everything in his room looks great. He really does look like a big boy sitting on his new bed. I can't believe he's growing up so fast!
Um excuse me, why didn't you come decorate MY WHOLE HOUSE??? Seriously, Toma's room is ADORABLE! Way to go!
Oh my goodness it is ADORABLE! Makes me want to redo Kynlee's room!
SOOOO CUTE Shi!! He looks like a handsome little missionary sittin on his bed! :)
What a fun theme for a room! Turned out so cute!
So adorable!! You are seriously so creative! It was so fun to see you guys the other night :)
I LOVE it!!! You are so creative and talented! What a fun idea for a little, (I guess he's big now) ha too!! :)
very cute only you could think of something that cute! Great idea.
Love the room!!!!
Hey Shiloh...sorry but I love to stalk your blog...anyways..Love LOVE the room..did you make the cute missionary doll or can you tell me where to find one??? I have a missionary table for My missionary... But squeeze your cute little missionary man cause it goes WAY to fast...
Thanks Merianne George
Oh SO very darling.... I have been doing Ledgers room and have been looking for some locence plates, where could I buy some? And I am also looking for an air plane propeller, if you come across any of these let me know. I want to come and see his room :) You did a great job
Love everything! You are amazing! So many things I would never even think of. The screen, the garage door. Awesome!
I love the headbands!
and, I love the room. -totally jealous of your craftiness! :)
I haven't scene a missionary room befeore, very clever. There is nothing like a little boy in a suit and tie!
Oh my heck Shiloh!! Sooo cute!! I'm for sure putting my other doors in the kids rooms. :) You did such a good job, it looks perfect!!
He is NOT old enough for a big boy bed!! Time is flying by too fast! I LOVE his room! You are so creative!! Looks great!!
You've done such a good job (like always). It looks dang cute! You are so talented and such a great mama!
Post a Comment